Latest news on AGTC
AGTC Expands Management Team with Two Key Hires
November 5, 2013 - AGTC, a clinical stage biotechnology company announced that the company has hired two new management team members, Daniel L. Menichella and Frank Sprecher. Both bring a wealth of previous leadership experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Daniel L. Menichella will serve as AGTC’s new Vice President and Chief Business Officer and Frank Sprecher joins as the company’s Project Director.
“We are thrilled to expand our team with Dan and Frank to meet AGTC’s ever growing business demands,” said Sue Washer, President and CEO of AGTC. “AGTC is already recognized as a world leader in innovative gene therapy treatments for rare eye and lung diseases. In addition to the diverse experience and expertise Dan and Frank bring, they have a passion for excellence that has long been the hallmark of AGTC’s success. These strategic hires position AGTC for success as the company continues to expand.”
Dan Menichella brings more than 20 years’ experience in life sciences corporate development. Most recently he served as Chief Business Officer of Zyngenia, Inc. in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Prior, he served as Senior Vice President Corporate Business Development and Strategy for Talecris Biopharmaceuticals, and has held business development and strategy positions for companies such as Merck KGaA, MorphoSys USA/AG and Novartis. Menichella holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Harvard University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is on the Board of Paloma Pharmaceuticals, a Boston based biotechnology company.
Frank Sprecher joins the team with a proven track record of establishing and implementing strategic and process improvement initiatives to support new product development, portfolio prioritization and budgeting and forecasting. Previously, Sprecher was the Director of Corporate Project Management at Forest Laboratories in New Jersey, where he lead product development teams encompassing Phase II through Life Cycle Management. Sprecher has an MBA with focus in financial management and a Bachelor of Science degree in biological sciences from Drexel University.
- AGTC Appoints Chief Financial Officer
- AGTC Awarded Additional Grant
- AGTC Scientific Founders Receive Pioneer Awards
- AGTC and UMMS Report Promising Phase II Gene Therapy Clinical Data
- AGTC Expands Management Team
- Researchers see gene-therapy grant improving vision
- The University of Florida and AGTC Secure $8.4M Grant
- The Alpha-1 Project announces first investment
- AGTC Secures $37.5 Million Series B Funding
- AGTC Receives Grant from the Foundation Fighting Blindness
- AGTC Receives Second Grant from Food and Drug Administration
- AGTC Receives Grant from Food and Drug Administration for Clinical Study of Genetic Retinal Disease
- Bellingham brothers get experimental gene therapy in attempt to save their sight
- AGTC and Icagen Announce Technology Transfer Agreement
- AGTC and National Neurovision Research Institute Collaborate
- AGTC Raises $11,800,000 VC Financing
- AGTC Expands its Clinical and Regulatory Expertise
- AGTC Receives $2 Million Milestone from Genzyme
- MIT, Caltech- and the Gators?
- AGTC and JDRF announce partnership to develop gene therapy for diabetic eye disease
- AGTC Announces Initiation of New Phase 1 Clinical Trial
- Genzyme, AGTC Announce Gene Therapy Collaboration
- AGTC Raises $15,250,000 in Series A-1 Round