Latest news on AGTC
AGTC Appoints Larry Bullock as Chief Financial Officer
Seasoned finance executive brings more than two decades of biotech experience
January 31, 2014 - AGTC, a clinical stage biotechnology company developing adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapies for the treatment of rare eye diseases, today announced the appointment of Larry Bullock to the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Bullock has more than 30 years of financial executive management experience, including over two decades as a chief financial officer in the biotechnology industry. In his previous positions as Chief Financial Officer, he has successfully navigated the IPO process three times, building a body of expertise in all aspects of the financial management of a biotechnology company, including private and public company financing, SEC reporting, and establishing collaborations and licensing agreements between biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Mr. Bullock also has experience in marketing-based financial analysis, operations management, and sales.
"Larry brings a strong track record of success helping growing biotechnology companies effectively manage their assets," said Sue Washer, President and CEO of AGTC. "As we continue advancing our pipeline of gene-based therapies for the treatment of rare eye and lung diseases, we are certain that Larry's ability to provide us with financial leadership will be a valuable asset to us. I am delighted to welcome Larry to the AGTC management team."
Most recently, Mr. Bullock was Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary at BioMimetic Therapeutics, Inc., which he successfully took public and after nearly a decade with the company, was instrumental in the process of selling it to Wright Medical in 2013. From 1996 to 2003, he was with Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, where he served as Chief Financial Officer and also led the company's IPO process. Previously, Mr. Bullock served as Chief Financial Officer at La Jolla Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which he also took public, and as Chief Financial Officer and a Founding Partner of Natural Products, Inc. Mr. Bullock's prior experience includes seven years with Warner Lambert, where he held positions of increasing responsibility in cost accounting, international finance and sales. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from Indiana University and a Master of Business Administration in Finance and Marketing from the University of Utah.
- AGTC Appoints Chief Financial Officer
- AGTC Awarded Additional Grant
- AGTC Scientific Founders Receive Pioneer Awards
- AGTC and UMMS Report Promising Phase II Gene Therapy Clinical Data
- AGTC Expands Management Team
- Researchers see gene-therapy grant improving vision
- The University of Florida and AGTC Secure $8.4M Grant
- The Alpha-1 Project announces first investment
- AGTC Secures $37.5 Million Series B Funding
- AGTC Receives Grant from the Foundation Fighting Blindness
- AGTC Receives Second Grant from Food and Drug Administration
- AGTC Receives Grant from Food and Drug Administration for Clinical Study of Genetic Retinal Disease
- Bellingham brothers get experimental gene therapy in attempt to save their sight
- AGTC and Icagen Announce Technology Transfer Agreement
- AGTC and National Neurovision Research Institute Collaborate
- AGTC Raises $11,800,000 VC Financing
- AGTC Expands its Clinical and Regulatory Expertise
- AGTC Receives $2 Million Milestone from Genzyme
- MIT, Caltech- and the Gators?
- AGTC and JDRF announce partnership to develop gene therapy for diabetic eye disease
- AGTC Announces Initiation of New Phase 1 Clinical Trial
- Genzyme, AGTC Announce Gene Therapy Collaboration
- AGTC Raises $15,250,000 in Series A-1 Round