Careers and Internships
Want to join our team?
AGTC is a privately-held clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel systems to deliver human therapeutics. Our team exceeds expectations every day, placing a high standard on integrity and open communication in all areas of our business enterprise.
We are always on the lookout for technical and business professionals who are eager to have a significant impact on improving patient care. If you are a highly self-motivated problem-solver, comfortable working as part of a cross-functional, interdisciplinary team, and want to work in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced environment, then you may be a great fit on our team.
Accounts Payable Associate
AGTC is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Associate to support finance & accounting activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain purchase orders and accounts payable documentation.
- Process invoices, mail checks to vendors & file check stubs with backup.
- Maintain subsidiary ledgers for balance sheet accounts.
- Post and reconcile laboratory costs by job.
- Assist with administrative duties, including travel accommodations and catering needs.
The qualified candidate should have an associate degree with three to five years full-charge bookkeeping experience. Additional experience can be substituted for degree requirement. The eligible candidate should also have the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform with strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Thorough knowledge of the general ledger and its interaction with the subsidiary ledgers.
- Ability to work with all software necessary for the operations of this job.
- Ability to form amicable working relationships with vendors and others.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer, calculator, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple simultaneous tasks while under strict deadlines.
Competitive compensation is offered commensurate with education and experience of the successful candidate, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace.
To be considered for this position, please send CV or resume and cover letter to
Tavara Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2013.
AGTC is an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive cash and stock-based compensation, excellent employee benefits and tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding and intellectually-challenging work environment.
As you begin your career, you’ll need solid experience to land the job you want. AGTC offers internships each summer to highly motivated, team-oriented students.
To be considered for an internship, please submit your resume and cover letter during the month of March to Tavara Andrews at email@example.com.
“I had an undeniably enriching experience as a research intern… AGTC provided an exceptionally stimulating and encouraging environment for the interns to work in.”
- Danielle Liverpool
“AGTC taught me all the skills needed for a great foundation in biotechnology research, through daily, hands-on research in a supportive environment. I believe this experience aided my acceptance to the University of Florida's University Scholars Program, and thus is already helping me pursue my interests in a graduate education.”
- Jonathan Repper